Tuesday 24 May 2011

Cupcakes

It has been a tiring few weeks.  Not much has actually happened, I've just been super busy.  As a result I feel like I have neglected the blog somewhat.

Regardless, I continue to play in the kitchen.
A recent highlight was chicken wings marinaded in jerk seasoning, lime and coconut.  After a massively impulsive shopping trip I was left with quite an eclectic bunch of ingredients but I was really rather proud of the result!  A few old favourites have been revisited - namely, kedgeree and moussaka.  I am now a super-fan of the frittata in it's many incarnations.  A couple of batches of cookies went mysteriously wrong, and I wondered if I might be losing my touch, but today I triumphed with Earl Grey cupcakes...

Earl Grey Cupcakes  (makes 6 cupcakes)
This uses the all-in-one method so it's very easy and quick to make.  Don't think too much about it and all will be well!


120g plain gluten free flour (I used Doves Farm)
1 1/2tsp  baking powder
120g butter, softened
120g caster sugar
2 large eggs
an Earl Grey teabag
100ml just boiled water



  • Heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  • Pour the boiled water over the teabag and leave to steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the teabag and leave the tea to cool
  • Throw all the flour, baking powder, butter, sugar, eggs and 50ml of tea in a bowl and beat together until well mixed and smooth.
  • Spoon the mixture into 6 cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
If you like, you can mix the remaining tea with some icing sugar to make a speedy icing glaze.
Easy as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment