Sunday 31 July 2011

A Gluten Free Self-Raising Mix

I have been playing with various flour mixes, trying to find a combination that works well, that doesn't have a strong taste that detracts from whatever baked good I am creating, and that constantly produces a light textured item.  I believe I have found one.  The inspiration comes from Phil Vickery's gluten free baking recipes and from much trial and even more error.  I wanted to made a self-raising mix to avoid all the faffing with baking powder/bicarb/cream of tartar, but mostly for the convenience factor of avoiding the working out how-much-to-use-based-on-weight-of-flour.

Gluten Free Self-Raising Mix


300g Cornflour
500g Brown rice flour
200g Millet flour
50g Gluten free baking powder

  • Combine these thoroughly in a bowl and transfer to an airtight container.
  • Use when recipes call for self-raising flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment