Friday 27 February 2015

Mothballs

You've probably noticed that Gluten Free[k] has been dormant for the past six months. I'm afraid to say, I've been so busy recently that I simply haven't been able to update the blog for some time. Life is getting in the way. And active toddler (he's growing so quickly!), freelance writing and two days a week at the day job are enough to wear me out most of the time. I want to be able to dedicate time to recipe testing, researching and crafting a free from blog to be proud of, but I'm not able to do so at the moment. I've decided to mothball Gluten Free[k] for now. I plan to keep it in working order so that I can come back to it when I have more time to invest in it. I hope you'll come back a visit when the time comes to relaunch.

Gluten free blogging has changed, too. The next generation of GF bloggers are crusaders and innovators; I just like to cook. They have to keep up to date on legislation, be vigilant for new developments and be wary of the media. In addition to a medical imperative for Coeliacs, the gluten free diet is a trend and that attracts negativity. Some journalists seem determined to prove that people who avoid gluten are gormless followers of fashion. I don't have the heart for that fight anymore. There are many who do, however, and I continue to read their blogs with interest.


In the meantime, I'm still writing for The High Tea Cast and Up All Hours. I've also started a lifestyle blog, Daydreams & Butter Beans, come and see me there.

1 comment: