Friday 13 January 2012

Sakata Crackers

When the lovely people at Sakata sent me samples of their great gluten free cracker range I was delighted!  I love a cracker, but the choice of gluten free ones is limited and I am always willing to try something new.

Sakata's crackers are Japanese rice crackers that are light, crisp, and tasty.  They come in four great flavours, original, barbecue, cheddar, and sour cream & chives and are available from Waitrose, Ocado, and Sainsbury's.
I must warn you, theses crackers are incredibly moreish!  I opened the pack of barbecue flavour, "just to try them," and before I knew it, they were gone... The flavouring on the cracker is not too heavy or overpowering, so that even though I don't usually like cheese flavoured snacks, I found the cheddar crackers were delicious!  Similarly, the sour cream & chive crackers were delicate and didn't fall into the too-oniony category.
These crackers are perfect with dips.  Try the sour cream & chive flavour with salsa, original flavour with hummus, or barbecue flavour with sweet chilli sauce for a delicious alternative to crisps.  (I ate the original flavour crackers with a bowl of chilli and they worked as well as any saltine cracker you'd find in the USA.)  
I would definitely recommend these crackers to you, they make a brilliant snack for anyone, whether they follow a gluten free diet or not. Sakata crackers are now a permanent addition to my gluten free survival kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment